Please visit our press releases page to initiate an order or learn more about this solution, including pricing.
How do I order a press release?
What's a press release?
A press release is an announcement directed to media outlets that conveys a newsworthy message like an event or product launch. If your communication has media interest, a press release can provide free positive publicity. (Check out our blog post about crafting a winning press release.)
What are some possible occasions for issuing a press release?
Brands can issue press releases for many reasons. When filling out your content brief, you can specify yours from the following options:
- General News: Share timely news, company milestones, awards, or accomplishments.
- Launch: Generate buzz around a new company, product, service, or initiative.
- Product: Share specs and details of a new product, announce the release of a new version, or tell customers about a sale or special involving your product.
- Executive Announcement: Announce a change in management or introduce a new staff member. Most releases relating to management feature a short biography, including career milestones and formal education references.
- Research/Expert Positioning: Share results of a report, study, or survey by highlighting key results, insight, and data. You can also share an opinion or official stance on an industry topic. This type of press release can be crucial in demonstrating thought leadership.
- Event: Announce an upcoming event and include pertinent details; or make a recent event especially newsworthy with a quick recap.
- Partnership/Sponsorship: Announce a corporate partnership, sponsorship, or alliance with another organization or cause.
How long are press releases?
Per industry standards, Prose press releases tend to be 500 to 600 words.
How far in advance should I order a press release?
Press releases are timely by definition, so turnaround is an important consideration when placing an order. Having a clear sense of our process (see below) will help you to allow sufficient time and prevent last-minute hang-ups.
When ordering a press release, you have two delivery options: Standard delivery (four business days) and rush delivery (two business days, at a 20% surcharge). After you receive the draft, you either approve it as is, or request revisions. Revisions can take up to three business days.
Keep in mind that even after you approve your final draft, there are still variables that can delay your release. For instance: Do you need approval from anyone else, such as an executive quoted in the release? Are you sending it to a distribution service (which typically requires a day or two of advance notice)?
As a best practice, leave yourself enough buffer room before ordering your content by planning ahead for these and other factors that might arise.
In addition to writing my press release, can you help distribute it?
Unfortunately, Prose does not offer distribution services at this time.
Many services are available to distribute press releases, including PRWeb and PRNewswire. They offer packages that handle uploading and distributing releases across various outlets. For a personalized approach, you can “wire to hire” a public relations professional who will manually pitch your release.